Dog Trainers have a tough job. Not only do they train animals — but they also have what is often a far more difficult task: training humans. And with Service Dogs, a trainer’s job is even harder. Service Dog Standards helps trainers make sure that their clients understand not only their rights, but their responsibilities as well.
How Service Dog Standards Works for Trainers
If you’re a trainer and you currently train Service Dogs or would like to begin, create an account on Service Dog Standards. Then, set up your free business or organization page. It’s so robust, you can even use it in place of a website — no hosting fees or other costs of any kind. If you have a domain name, you can even forward it directly to your SDS profile page. From there, it’s easy to invite clients to join.
Example of a Service Dog Trainer profile page on Service Dog Standards
Service Dog Standards features:
· Free for trainers and handlers forever
· Public profile page for service dog handlers with a secure resume
· Business listings for dog trainers and breeders
· Robust tools to manage service dog puppy candidates, graduates, washouts and more
· Manage multiple service animals and their status
· Secure training and ownership history
· Clear explanation of expectations for service dog trainers and handlers
· Service Dog Standards Public Access Test
· Service Dog Standards Training and Behavior Standards
· Template and guidance for getting a physician letter
· Information to help the public better understand the complexities of Service Dogs
In addition to these features, Service Dog Standards has a supportive online community of nearly 20,000 service animal trainers, handlers and their families, friends and fans. Check out their website at www.servicedogstandards.org.
Based on over a decade of input from experienced service dog trainers and handlers, Service Dog Standards clearly lays out what is expected in terms of training, public behavior and more. Service Dog Standards aims to encourage adherence to the ADA and increase public trust through technology and education.